Best Reef Snorkeling Tours/Day Trips In Cairns | Cairns Snorkeling Trips | Cairns Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Tours
You can save 5% to 15% in our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre
(We have 16 years’ experience and local knowledge to deliver you the best price to suit your budget)
Imagine snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns Tropical North Queensland. Our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre has the widest range of Cairns snorkelling tours, day trips, reef tours and scuba diving as well as snorkelling information, reef reports, maps etc.
Not all snorkelling trips and locations are the same! Our extensive range of snorkelling options allow you to choose the reef trip that suits your interests and budget, as well as selecting a great snorkeling location on the Great Barrier Reef snorkeling is our love, it is why we live here, visit or contact us to locate the best snorkeling locations.
Our choices range from tropical islands and coral cays, small sailing boats to fast catarmans, snorkeling straight off the boat on the Outer Great Barrier Reef or a trip to a floating pontoon with extras such as glass bottom boat, submersible and underwater observatory.
Always check with us for last minute snorkelling discounts and specials, snorkelling and diving packages. We have been recommended by Lonely Planet and Rough Guides two of the world’s leading guide books. Visit our Cairns Beach Visitor Information Centre and see why.
Tour options and locations
The tours listed are located at the best spots for snorkelling near Cairns on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, as well as on tropical islands, coral cays and at floating pontoons.
1. OUTER BARRIER REEF SNORKELING:
Day Boats. We have the widest range of choices and locations on the outer reef that depart from Cairns and Port Douglas to suit your budget from sail boats to fast catarmans. Full day tours. Add other selected activities such as introductory and certified diving at additional cost.
2. OUTER BARRIER REEF SNORKELING – PONTOONS:
We have a wide choice of locations including Moore Reef, Norman Reef and Agincourt Ribbon Reefs. Pontoons usually include extras like glass bottom boat, semi-submersible and underwater observatory in the tariff. Full Day Tours. Can add other activities* such as introductory or certified diving at additional cost. Popular Cairns Pontoons are Reef Magic, Sunlover Great Adventures + Quicksilver which goes from Cairns.
3. GREEN ISLAND SNORKELING:
Half Day snorkeling and Full Day tours walk straight in off the beach, glass bottom boat or snorkel equipment included in the tariff or add extras* like both glass boat and snorkel equipment, diving , semi-submersible, lunch etc. We have a wide choice of departure times. Want to leave early or want to leave late, we can offer you a large number of different departure times.
4. FITZROY ISLAND SNORKELING:
Full day tour walk straight in off the beach can add extras* like glass bottom boat, lunch and selected beach activities. Snorkeling packages that include lunch, ferry, snorkel equipment, paddle boards.
5. FRANKLAND ISLANDS SNORKELING:
Full day snorkeling just walk straight in off the beach, includes lunch, extra activities* such as diving etc. can be added on.
6. LOW ISLES SNORKELING:
Full day snorkeling at this coral cay out from Port Douglas. This is a popular spot for seeing turtles, glass bottom boat and lunch included .Low Isles is located approximately 1 hours travel by boat from Port Douglas.
7. UPOLU CAY SNORKELING VISIT BY SAIL BOAT:
Full day snorkeling trip that usually includes stop at another location such as Wonderwall or another reef location depending on which reef operator selected. Several reef companies go to this location including Reef Day Tripper, Falla and Ocean Freedom.
8. MICHAELMAS CAY SNORKELING:
Full day snorkeling trip, world famous seabird sanctuary, various options to choose from, select the one that suits your needs and budget best.
9. CAIRNS SNORKELING PACKAGE:
Cairns Beach Accommodation, Cairns Northern Beaches plus huge choice of snorkelling activities.
10. PORT DOUGLAS SNORKELING:
Full day snorkeling trips including Poseidon, Silversonic, Calypso Outer Great Barrier Reef, Calypso snorkeling, Low Isles Quicksilver, Silversonic, Wave Dancer, Wave Length, Spillway, Aquarius just to name a few. We can book all your Port Douglas snorkeling, diving trips, just contact us.
For any other Port Douglas options we can book these for you as well , just contact us. (*Some additional activities e.g. introductory, certified diving can be added to your tour, these incur additional costs).
11. CAPE TRIBULATION SNORKELLING TRIPS:
Great Barrier Reef trips from Cape Tribulation. Ocean Safari runs snorkeling trips from Cape Tribulation Beach, out to Undine reef and Mackay reefs.
This small group reef trip gives you opportunities to snorkle with turtles and a wide variety of reef fish. Being just 25 minutes travel by boat allows you to go to the reef for a half day experience. Both morning and afternoon tours depending on the time of year. Contact us for family, backpacker, seniors, school, students and group rates.
Other Cairns snorkeling activities
1. Cairns Scenic Flights Fly Cruise one-way flight by helicopter: combined with reef tour and one way return on boat , or combine day tour with scenic helicopter flight from most pontoons, just ask. OR Cruise, fly enjoy cruise to other barrier reef, day snorkeling and return to Cairns by helicopter.
2. Cairns Extended snorkelling tours on live aboard boats: Sleep on the reef. Snorkelers as well as divers can enjoy a live aboard experience; we have special rates if you are a snorkeler!
3. Cairns beach accommodation and reef tours: Combine beach accommodation with a great snorkelling tour.
4. Introductory and certified diving: Not all but most day trips and locations offer introductory and certified diving options if you would like to experience an introductory dive or are an experienced certified diver just advise us of your requirements on the enquiry form below.
5. Glass bottom boat, semi-submersible: Many locations and reef trips have glass bottom boat or semisubmersible options, some don’t, if you would like either of these options just let us know on the enquiry form please.
6. Underwater observatory: All the pontoons have a free underwater observatory option. Green Island underwater observatory is currently closed.
7. Cairns Sea walker – Helmet diving: This option is available at Green Island and on several of the pontoons on Outer Great Barrier Reef including Sunlover, Quicksilver and Reef Magic. We have great package rates. Please ask us on enquiry form if you would like this additional activity.
8. Cairns scubadoo: This popular underwater activity is available from Great Adventures Pontoon. We have great packages for scubadoo.
9. Cairns snorkeling tour and underwater camera hire: Combine snorkeling tour with digital underwater camera hire. We have the best cameras. Take hundreds of photos, take videos with sound, free delivery, one, two and three day underwater camera hire. Cameras include Canon Powershot G10, G15, SX280 HS, GoPro Hero. No need to collect as camera is delivered direct to you on day of travel.
We book all Cairns and Port Douglas reef trips and snorkeling tours, just ask. if we haven’t included a tour you are interested in please contact us
Here are some of the following popular Cairns snorkelling tours we book: Big Cat , Down Under Dive , Great Adventures ,Ocean Free, Ocean Freedom, Ocean Spirit , Passions Of Paradise , Quicksilver, Reef Day Tripper, Reef Experience, Reef Kist, Reef Magic, Reef Quest, Seastar, Silverswift, Sunlover, Tusa to name just some. If there is another tour operator you wish to travel with, just contact us, we book you with the tour of your choice.
Choice of reef location is very important. Choose the location and reef operator you would like and check with us for the best prices. We are recommended by leading guide books including Lonely Planet and Rough Guide, contact us for more information or visit our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre.
Ask about our specials, standby rates and discount coupons. We offer a free booking service with no extra charges. We do not charge credit card fees when you book your tour through us.
The Great Barrier Reef is the most popular location to go snorkelling; with so many different locations it is important to choose the location that suits your abilities, interests and budget. Not all Cairns and Port Douglas snorkeling locations are the same. Need help? Just contact us we are open 7 days a week. Phone, email or drop in.
Visit our information centre to see the huge range of options for you to choose from. Some medical conditions may make this activity unsuitable please check with your doctor.
Cairns Special Discounts
We have special discounts for students, families seniors, backpackers, schools and groups visiting Cairns and Port Douglas. Our Discount vouchers and coupons will save you on a large variety of other Cairns attractions. Discounts off standard underwater cameras.
Free bookings, save time and money by booking all your tours in the one location. Free tour reports and free maps. Free 25% discount off on our standard underwater cameras, free postcards. Enjoy FREE wifi in our Visitor Centre.
It depends on the tour selected, your budget and number of persons booking. We find the best and cheapest options as well as applying discounts to your tours. Our Visitor Centre has a full range of Cairns snorkeling packages combos, just ask. There are great last minute specials at various times of the year just contact us as snorkeling specials are our speciality.
How to book?Booking has never been easier. Book in person at our Visitor Centre and receive a paper ticket. If booking over the phone or by email please follow the following procedure.
- Just fill in the enquiry form
- We send you a quote
- You pay a deposit
- We send you your E-Ticket which you take with you on the day of travel
- You pay your balance directly to the tour operator selected on day of travel.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH OUR HUGE RANGE OF CAIRNS TOURS
ONE STOP CENTRE FOR ALL CAIRNS ACTIVITIES
Cairns AccommodationDo you need affordable Cairns accommodation facing rainforest, 50m to the beach? We have special discount on accommodation if you book your tours with us!* Click here: Cairns Beach Accommodation.
Cairns Car HireWe have discounts off car hire when you book your Tours with us! Click here: Cairns Car Hire.
* Tropical Apartment Discounts subject to availability & seasons.