Cairns Diving | Cairns Dive Trips | Certified Diving | Introductory Diving
You can save 5% to 15% in our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre
(We have 12 years’ experience and local knowledge to deliver you the best price to suit your budget)
Imagine diving the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns Tropical North Queensland. Our Cairns Beach Visitor Information Centre has an extensive range of Cairns diving tours, day trips, reef tours, resort dives, introductory dives, scuba diving and diving for certified divers on the Outer Great Barrier Reef all under the one roof as well as diving information, reef reports, maps etc.
Not all diving trips and locations are the same; our extensive range of scuba diving options allows you to choose the reef trip that suits your interests and budget. Our choices range from Live Aboard Boats, Dive courses both (Padi and SSI) tropical islands and coral cays, small sailing boats to fast catarmans, diving on the Outer Barrier Reef or a trip to a floating pontoon.
Looking for a dive boat or a day boat with dive options we can assist you. Whether you are a first time diver and would like to try an introductory dive or a fully qualified certified diver our range of dive options is extensive.
Our range of Live Aboard Boats whether it is a trip to the Ribbon reefs, Cod hole or Osprey reef, are popular with certified divers looking for diving expeditions or a special dive experience. Always check with us for last minute diving discounts and specials, snorkelling and diving packages. We specialise in last minute specials, discounts, dive packages to save your budget.
We have been recommended by Lonely Planet and Rough Guides two of the world’s leading guide books visit our Information Centre. Phone and speak with us direct or just email us!
Cairns Diving Tour options and locations
The tours listed are located at the best locations for diving near Cairns and out on the outer barrier reef, as well as on tropical islands, coral cays and at floating pontoons as well as live aboard boat options.
1. OUTER GREAT BARRIER REEF DIVING: Day Boats we have an extensive range of choices and locations on the outer reef to suit your budget from sail boats to fast catarmans. Full day tours with introductory and certified diving options.
Reef locations including; Norman Reef, Saxon Reef, Hastings Reef, Thetford Reef, Flynn, Pellowe, Milln Reef, Briggs Reef, Moore Reef, Elford Reef, Sudbury Reef or Channel Reef. Options depending on the location and operator can include Certified Diving with full gear hire, certified diving- tanks and weights only , introductory diving and Guided dives.
2. OUTER BARRIER REEF DIVING: We have a wide choice of locations including Moore Reef, Norman Reef and Agincourt Ribbon Reefs. Pontoons usually include extras as well like glass bottom boat, semi-submersible and underwater observatory in the tariff. Full Day Tours. Introductory or certified diving options as well as time to enjoy snorkeling. Pontoon options include Reef Magic, Sunlover, Great Adventures and Quicksilver.
3. GREEN ISLAND DIVING: Half Day and Full Day trips. Short on time try a half day Green Island trip and combine with introductory diving. Have a dive and enjoy other activities add extras like both glass boat or snorkel equipment, semi-submersible, lunch etc.
We have a wide choice of departures times. Want to leave early or want to leave late, we can offer you a large number of different departure times. Hemet Diving –Sea walker option available at Green Island.
4. FITZROY ISLAND DIVING: Combine introductory diving as an additional extra with full day tour. You can add extras like glass bottom boat, lunch and selected beach activities. Learn to Dive Course stay on Fitzroy Island and learn to dive contact us for more details
5. FRANKLAND ISLAND DIVING: Enjoy diving at the Frankland Islands. Add extras such as introductory diving or certified diving options with your day trip, includes lunch.
6. LIVE ABOARD DIVING: Whether you like to experience 1 night on the reef or an extended diving expedition to noted dive locations like The Cod hole, Ribbon Reefs, Coral Sea -Osprey Reef just contact us for more information and ask about our great standby and last minute specials. Our Cairns Beaches Information Centre specialises in Specials, discounts, standby rates, last minute specials so just ask.
7. UPOLU CAY DIVING: Visit Upolu Cay by sail boat full day snorkelling trip that diving options can be added to. Usually includes a stop at another location such as Wonderwall or another reef location, depending on which reef operator selected. Tour operators including Ocean Freedom, Reef Daytripper and Falla.
8. Michaelmas Cay DIVING: Full day snorkelling trip, which can be combined with dive options, world famous seabird sanctuary, various options to choose from, select the one that suits your needs and budget best. Michaelmas Cay tour operators that include introductory diving.
9. CAIRNS CORAL SPAWNING: A very special event only once or twice a year, experience night diving and one of nature’s most incredible events, please contact us for more details.
10. CAIRNS DIVING EXPERIENCE: Experience Cairns Beach accommodation plus dive trip of your choice. Cairns Beach Accommodation.
11. PORT DOUGLAS DIVING: Full day range of Port Douglas day snorkelling and diving trips, including Calypso, Quicksilver, Silversonic, Poseidon to name a few. For any other Port Douglas options we can book these for you as well, just contact us. We have great Port Douglas diving packages on range of Port Douglas Dive Boats for you to choose from.
12. CAIRNS DIVING AND UNDERWATER CAMERA HIRE:
Combine diving tour with digital underwater camera hire. We have the best cameras. Take hundreds of photos, take videos with sound, free delivery, one, two and three day underwater camera hire. Cameras include Canon Powershot G10, G15, SX280 HS, GoPro Hero. No need to collect as camera is delivered direct to you on day of travel.
Other Cairns Diving
1. EXTENDED DIVING TOURS ON LIVE ABOARD BOATS: Sleep on the reef. Snorkelers as well as divers can enjoy a live aboard experience; we have special rates if you are a snorkeler and great dive combinations. Ask about our great diving standby specials for divers and snorkelers.
2. CAIRNS HOTEL TRANSFER ACCOMODATION AND DIVING PACKAGE: Combine beach accommodation with a huge range of diving tour options. Pick up and drop hotel transfers.
3. INTRODUCTORY AND CERTIFIED DIVING: Most day trips and locations offer introductory and certified diving options. If you would like to experience an introductory dive or are an experienced certified diver just advise us of your choices on the enquiry form below.
4. GLASS BOTTOM BOAT, SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE: Some locations and reef trips have glass bottom boat and submersible options; some don’t, if you would like either of these options just let us know on the enquiry form please.
5. UNDERWATER OBSERVATORY: All the pontoons have a free underwater observatory option. Green Island underwater observatory ist currently closed.
6. SEA WALKER – HELMET DIVING: This option is available at Green Island and on several of the pontoons. Please ask us on enquiry form if you would like this additional activity.
We book all reef trips diving and snorkelling tours, if we haven’t included a tour you are interested in please contact us. Here are some of the following popular Cairns diving tours we book : Down Under Dive, Great Adventures, Big Cats, Ocean Free, Ocean Freedom, Ocean Quest, Ocean Spirit, Passions Of Paradise, Pro dive, Quicksilver, Reef Day Tripper, Reef Experience, Reef Kist, Reef Magic, Reef Encounter, Reef Quest, Seastar, Silverswift Spirit of Freedom, Sunlover, Taka, Tusa to name just some. We have great packages some which include a free introductory or certified dive.
Choose the location and reef operator you would like and check with us for the best prices. We are recommended by leading guide books including Lonely Planet and Rough Guide, contact us for more information or visit our Cairns Beach Visitor Information Centre a one stop shop for all your Cairns diving tour needs.
General Cairns Diving Information
Important: Some medical conditions will prevent you from diving. Please check with your doctor first.
There are also regulations regarding flying after diving, please check with your doctor. Weather conditions can alter the number of dives available. Certified Divers must produce a valid certification card.The Great Barrier Reef off Cairns has to be the most popular location to go diving; with so many different locations it is important to choose the location that suits your abilities, interests and budget. Visit our information centre to see the huge range of options for you to choose from or phone and speak with us direct or just email us.
Special Discount on Cairns Diving
We have special discount, packages, combos, backpackers, families, groups and schools. Discount vouchers and coupons to save you on a large variety of other Cairns attractions.
Cairns Hostie Program as a hostie on a dive or snorkle boat? (We have information on this and can assist you with a booking subject to availabilities, operators terms and conditions).
Ask about our specials, standby rates and free discount coupons. We offer a free booking service with no extra charges. We DO NOT charge credit card fees. With no card fees on our booking deposits it pays to Contact Cairns Discount Tours.
Free bookings, save time and money by booking all your tours in the one location. Free tour reports and free maps. NO CREDIT CARDS are charged by us. Enjoy FREE wifi in our Visitor Centre.
It depends on the tour selected, your budget and number of persons booking. We find the best and cheapest options as well as applying discounts to your tours.
How to book?Booking has never been easier. Book in person at our Visitor Centre and receive a paper ticket. If booking over the phone or by email please follow the following procedure.
- Just fill in the enquiry form
- We send you a quote
- You pay a deposit
- We send you your E-Ticket which you take with you on the day of travel
- You pay your balance directly to the tour operator selected on day of travel.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH OUR HUGE RANGE OF CAIRNS TOURS
ONE STOP CENTRE FOR ALL CAIRNS ACTIVITIES