Atherton Tablelands Tours
(We have 12 years’ experience and local knowledge to deliver you the best price to suit your budget)
Imagine an Atherton Tablelands day tour travelling through the Highlands enjoying the ever changing landscapes, visiting beautiful places like Kuranda, Atherton, Mareeba, Tolga and the Highlands towns of Yungaburra, Malanda, Herberton and Ravenshoe.
Our tourist information centre has lots of Atherton tablelands information on activities, tours, attractions, hiking, national parks, markets, accommodation, as well as free maps and our famous discount coupons.
Visit Lake Barrine, Lake Eacham and Lake Tinaroo, explore beautiful highland waterfalls at Milla Milla and Malanda. Travel onto Paronella Park or head inland to the Chillagoe Caves. The Atherton Tablelands is an interesting, relaxing and enjoyable day trip.
Tour options and locations
Atherton Tablelands is located approximately 90km southwest of Cairns and easily reached by numerous tour companies who offer popular day tours to the Tablelands.
1. WATERFALLS AND PARONELLA PARK TOUR: Day tour free picks up at most hotels. Tour includes; Lake Barrine, wildlife cruise and devonshire tea. Short rainforest walk to view 1100 year old twin Kauri Pine Trees, Giant Curtain Figtree. Journey through Yungaburra and Malanda,chance to see platpus and tree Kangaroos.
Visit Millaa Millaa waterfalls, Mungalli Falls and Mena Creek Falls . Enjoy cheese and yoghurt tasting at Mungalli Creek organic dairy, as well as enjoying lunch. See Crawfords Look Out and have extended time at Paronella Park with tour of the falls gardens and castle ruins.
2. NORTHERN EXPERIENCE RAINFOREST WATERFALLS PARONELLA PARK TOUR : Free Pick up and drop off at most Cairns and Northern beaches accommodation. Tour includes; visit to Babinda Boulders,Wooroonooran National park, Paronella Park with lunch and chance to see platypus. Visit beautiful Millaa Millaa Falls, Curtain fig tree, 1100 year old Kauri pines, Lake Barrine and wildlife cruise.
3. MAMU, MISTY MOUNTAINS AND WOOROONOORAN NATIONAL PARK TOUR: Free Pick up and drop off at most Cairns and Northern beaches accommodation. Morning and afternoon tea, Mamu Canopy walkway and tower, Johnstone River crocodile farm, lunch, Wooroonooran National Park, Josephine Falls and Babina Boulders.
4. TABLELANDS, SKYBURY COFFE PLANTATION TOUR: Free pick up and drop off at most Cairns and Northern beaches accommodation. Option to catch train or coach to Kuranda with short viewing time of Kuranda markets then travel past diverse farm lands, Mareeba and the Great Dividing Range.
At Skybury Coffee Plantation enjoy the coffee indulgence tour, coffee cupping tour and lunch. Next visit is Granite Gorge to see the beautiful rock wallabies, enjoy tropical fruit tasting before journey back by coach or select return by Skyrail.
5. UNCLE BRIANS FUN, FALLS AND FOREST TOUR: Free pick up and drop off at most Cairns and Northern beaches accommodation. Full day tour around the Tablelands, enjoy swimming, walking, singing in waterfalls, chance to see platypus and a joyous musical journey home, includes lunch.
6. FOOD TRAIL TOUR ATHERTON TABLELANDS FULL DAY: Free pick up and drop off at most Cairns and Northern beaches accommodation. Atherton tablelands tour visiting family farms plantations, wineries and dairies where you can meet the farmers and see each foods journey from the ground to the plate.
Visit tropical fruit wineries, real working diary, taste cheeses and chocolates and visit coffee plantation and macadamia nut plantation, lunch is tropical seafood (alternatives available) afternoon tea at Lake Barrine tea house .
7. CHILLAGOE CAVES AND OUTBACK EXPERIENCE TOUR: Free transfers from most Cairns accommodation. Visit Mareeba Wetlands and enjoy wildlife cruise, drive through back blocks, great for viewing wallabies and emus, national parks ranger guided Chillagoe cave tour, out back pub lunch. Visit Chillago smelters and Mt Uncle Distillery before returning to coast.
8. ON THE WALLABY TOURS: Several different tour options; one day waterfall tour and one day wildlife canoeing tour. Contact us for more details.
9. BIRDWATCHING TOURS: Huge range of wildlife tours and discounts, for more information visit our Birdwatching page.
10. WILDLIFE TOURS: Huge range of wildlife tours and discounts, for more information visit our Wildlife page.
11. ATHERTON TABLELANDS EXPERIENCE: Choose between a huge range of tours plus Rainforest accommodation located just 10 minutes from Cairns Central. A strategic point to the start or finish of your Tablelands tour.
Some medical conditions may make this activity unsuitable, please check with your doctor. Tour operator is not liable for failure to make connections with another service.
We have special discount for students, seniors and groups. Discount vouchers and coupons to save you on a large variety of other Cairns attractions. Ask about our specials, standby rates and free discount coupons. We offer a free booking service with no extra charges. We do not charge credit card fees when you book your tour through us.
Free bookings, save time and money by booking all your tours in the one location. Free tour reports and free maps. Free 25% discount voucher off our standard underwater cameras, free postcards. Enjoy FREE wifi in our Visitor Centre.
It depends on the tour selected, your budget and number of persons booking. We find the best and cheapest options as well as applying discounts to your tours.
How to book?Booking has never been easier. Book in person at our Visitor Centre and receive a paper ticket. If booking over the phone or by email please follow the following procedure.
- Just fill in the enquiry form
- We send you a quote
- You pay a deposit
- We send you your E-Ticket which you take with you on the day of travel
- You pay your balance directly to the tour operator selected on day of travel.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH OUR HUGE RANGE OF CAIRNS TOURS
ONE STOP CENTRE FOR ALL CAIRNS ACTIVITIES